The Rules

During the following year, I am going to discover life. My experiment shall consist of two parts:

1) Learning to be healthy by controlling what I eat and exercising


2) Trying new things, learning new things, and living new things


I will attempt to be healthy and exercise every day. Occasionally I will write about how doing these things, or not doing these things, affects my mood and overall outlook on life.

I will also learn 28 new things this year. These may be skills, like photography, martial arts, or how to play an instrument. I may research interesting topics and summarize my findings on here. I may go somewhere new and learn facts about that place. I may learn to paint or cook something or make a battery.

I am open to suggestions here. If there is something you think I should learn or do, or something you want me to learn about for you, let me know! I am not rich, so please don't ask me to do something expensive. I am simply looking to try new things and experiment with this crazy little thing called life.


Also feel free to have me try out a fad diet or exercise program, just know that I won't stick with it for too long :) Unless, of course, it brings me happiness. Really, I'm just looking to find things that create joy and expand my horizons. That's what life is all about right?


The power is in each of us. Life is too short to waste.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Help!

Okay so things have gotten a bit hectic, and I find I am not being very scientific at all. I have eaten poorly, and felt poorly afterward, but I don't think that comes as a shock for anyone. when I didn't drink water during my trip to Moab, I felt really crappy and dehydrated. Surprise! This is going to take some willpower, but besides that, I haven't done or learned anything new!!

So I need ideas. Lindsey said I need to learn not to care what adults think about me. That is great but I'm not sure how to accomplish it in the next week. I really want to make this whistle gadget thing that I'll get up here soon so you can see, but it won't happen this week. So what can I do?!?! hmmm. Anyone have a nagging question they've wanted answered but have been too busy to look up? I'll do it.

1 comment:

  1. Have you done a zumba class? That could be something new to try and it's a "healthy" thing too. You should drop in on one. And then let me know how it goes.
    I will try and give you more ideas and questions as they come to me. (I have a 30 day exercise program for you to try too, let me know when you are ready for that. It's only 20 min a day but it's every day. It's fun though).
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete